Mirror.. mirror.. on the wall.

Who has the cheapest looking mirror of all? We do! :D Yay contractor grade building materials. Fortunately, in walks Pinterest, with all kinds of suggestions on how to make them look nice. Did you know that you can glue trim onto the mirror itself? And not have to take it down and replace with a big honkin' expensive mirror. Really! And it's eeeeeeeeasy!

Here is a picture of our downstairs bathroom before. It's not terrible, but it's really not exciting!




First, measure your mirror. Then go to Lowes or Home Depot and check out their trim department. Both store will cut the wood for you. My store only does straight cuts, so I added an extra 2 inches to each measurement so that I could futz with the angled cuts at home. 



It took a lot longer for me to do those cuts because I was using a mitre box and sawing them by hand and the trim that I picked was made of MDF which is way tougher than just wood planks. Lesson learned!



I used a bunch of Liquid Nails on the back of each board and stuck it to the mirror. Make sure that you don't go too close to the edge otherwise you will see it in the reflection in the mirror. I held each piece in place with a crapton of tape overnight and then Tah-dah!



Less ugly giant mirror in our bathroom. :) It was fast, easy, and cost about $30 to do. I think I'm going to do our guest bathroom next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment